12.13.2007

Zugner Family 2007 Newsletter

As Erik and I sit here contemplating the highlights of the past year one event keep coming to mind, my pregnancy which ended in Jordyn’s birth. I’m sure you don’t want to be bored with all of the details, so here are a few highlights that we’ve picked out. Erik and I started the year off with a bang. I surprised him a few days after New Years by bringing home a pregnancy test, which as we all now know, came out positive. A few weeks later we got an appointment with our OB and had those results confirmed.
Our OB, Dr. Thomas Ryan, was an awesome doctor. He was very friendly, and made sure that Erik was involved in every appointment (yes, Erik came to every appointment with me, except one). We decided not to tell anyone about the pregnancy for a little while, we ended up telling our parents at about week 12 by sending them bibs that said “My favorite website:
www.grandma.com” and a little poem “Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger too, are here to say, Amy and Erik have a baby on the way.” (Our nursery theme is Winnie the Pooh). It’s a good thing we included the poem or Grandmother’s would have wondered why we were sending them a bib, they didn’t get the hint from just that.
When those packages arrived, and the news sunk in, phones were ringing off the hook; we had two very excited grandmas on our hands. Of course, the first questions were when
are you due, and what are you having. The first question changed within the first few months of the pregnancy. At our first appointment, we were told September 5th and at our appointment at 16 weeks, we were told September 3rd (where it stayed for the remainder of the pregnancy). As far as what we were having, we didn’t know then, and didn’t find out until Jordyn was born. This was not due to choice. Jordyn was a very modest baby and kept her self covered very well. She didn’t let us see her little parts and kept us all guessing until the end, which was fine for us, we didn’t care either way.
Knowing that our lives were about to change, Erik and I took advantage of the time that we had as a childless couple and did things that we wouldn’t be able to do for a while. We continued our tradition of going to the temple each month, and were able to do that until August. We also went to a Houston Astros baseball game, a New Orleans Voodoo arena football game, and several New Orleans Zephyrs minor league baseball games. We got tickets to the Lynyrd Skynyrd/ Hank Williams Jr. Rowdy Friends concert and a Kenny Chesney concert. We made a trip to Utah in May, got to see Erik’s mom, and two brothers, Scott and Trevor in July, and enjoyed a visit from Toni and her friend Sara in August.
Along with all this, I worked up until the Saturday before Jordyn was born. Erik was still working two jobs and working on his Master’s degree. Needless to say the pregnancy went by fairly quickly (except for the last week or so when I was ready to get the baby out, but she wanted to stay put).
The past three months, since Jordyn was born, have been the filled most trying, tiring, wonderful experiences. Erik and I just adore our little girl and are grateful that she’s part of our family. We are surprised and amazed by her daily.
We are grateful for all of our friends and family who have helped us and supported us throughout this past year. We love you all and can’t wait until we get to see you again. We want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that last picture! What a cutie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll, Amy!! Definitely something to show for your hard work this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordyn is such a doll! A classic beauty with that beautiful black hair and I don't think I've ever seen a baby with any prettier complexion!

    Jan from Winnie the Pooh baby gift ideas and Winnie the Pooh Nursery Themes and Decorating Ideas

    ReplyDelete