
Maybe that should read car SEAT troubles. Yesterday as I was driving home from our ward Christmas party, I heard Jordyn struggling in the back seat (I figured she was trying to figure out how to pull her tights off, which is a frequent occurrence). When we were about a block from the house, she managed to wiggle herself free from the car seat and climb completely out (our car seat is very similar to the one pictured above). I managed to hold her down until we got off the main road and into the subdivision, but she was sitting on the front seat by the time we pulled into the drive way. So . . . any suggestions on how to keep a monkey in a car seat?





Shelby does the same thing! I have learned that if I threaten to leave the car myself, she will stop. This trick also works for those times when I try and put her in, and she does want to sit in her car seat, so she pulls the "make my body stiff as a board" trick. I'll say, "Ok, Mommy's going bye-bye. See ya later! Oh, you don't want me to leave? Then you have to sit in your seat". Works like a charm.
ReplyDeleteShauna used to climb out of her car seat ALL THE TIME! I went through 6 car seats trying to find one that she couldn't escape. Of course that was back in the day when they weren't made as well. But it is frustrating. When she was old enough to reason with I would tell her the car wouldn't move unless she was in her seat (or that everyone was buckled, as they got older). Not sure if that helps, but I totally sympathize...
ReplyDelete