10.17.2009
Quick Update
When we bought our house 18 months ago we knew it we would sell it and move to our "dream house" some day. We were thinking 7-10 yrs down the road. Then we heard really bad reports about the local elem school and decided that we'd try to move before J started school (she has 4 more yrs to go). However, this was not meant to be. In september we started having a series of armed home invasions (one the next street over and another across the street from us). Due to the nature of Eriks job he doesn't get home until after 2:00am most night. So we decided that for the safety of our family we would put our home on the market. After 4 weeks of having people come and look we got an offer this past Tuesday and a contract was signed and exicuted. So, now we are in the process of finding ourselves a new home (in an area with a lower crime rate). We're not having much luck at the present time and are entertaing the idea of having Erik get a curtisy officer position (does security for an apartment complex and gets to live there for free or a greatly reduced rate) until we find a house we like. I'll try to keep you updated but I must admitt that I don't know how good I'll be at it since our computer will be out of service for the next 3-4 weeks. (We were going to get a new one but now need to pinch pennies for a house)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That sucks! But you guys are doing the right thing. Hang it there, it will all work out!
ReplyDeleteHow scary Amy! I would want to move A.S.A.P. too.
ReplyDeleteI started feeling like that too at Citrus Creek after our truck was broken into and they had all of the Hispanic workers that didn't speak English (and would stare at all of the women coming and going in the complex) working on the apartment buildings.
I was never happier than when we packed up from that place and got out of there. I hope you find something soon in a safer place.
If you're thinking of building, there are empty properties across from us ;-0 I think you would be a fun neighbor to have!
oh sad you have to move but yay that you guys got an offer and sold it! good luck with everything!!
ReplyDelete