As you can see from the pictures, I like baskets. I use them for everything. The great thing about my baskets is that I get them from stores like ROSS, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls, where they're a fraction of the price as regular retail stores (the big ones I used in the linen closet cost about $8 from ROSS - the best place to find baskets).
2.10.2011
52 Organization Projects Weeks 3 & 4
Erik took the week off of work so I've had some help around the house and have been able to get a few of my smaller projects completed this week. I know many of you are thinking why I would do the smaller ones when he's home and not tackle some of the big ones, well, that's because together, we're tackling one really big one (remember the preview picture from the last post?). That project will be finished before he goes back to work on Tuesday so I'll post about it next week. In the past week, I've gone through the console table,
linen closet,
powder room medicine cabinet, 
game closet
and my fabric. I just realized I don't have an 'after' picture of the fabric because it's in my daughters closet and she's asleep so I'll have to add that later.
It's still in the space saver totes, but it's now sorted by types of fabric and the totes are labeled and stacked neatly.
I also folded all my 'scrap' fabric so it fit better in the drawer and I could see what I had. I like to make rag quilts so I have a lot of pre-cut squares, I bundled them together by fabric type and color scheme (boy, girl, neutral) and tied them with ribbon. (the picture of my bundles keeps uploading sideways - sorry)
I also sorted out my felt and put it in a box on top of the scrap drawers (this box is an empty hanging file folder box leftover from week 1 - how cool is that).

As you can see from the pictures, I like baskets. I use them for everything. The great thing about my baskets is that I get them from stores like ROSS, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls, where they're a fraction of the price as regular retail stores (the big ones I used in the linen closet cost about $8 from ROSS - the best place to find baskets).
As you can see from the pictures, I like baskets. I use them for everything. The great thing about my baskets is that I get them from stores like ROSS, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls, where they're a fraction of the price as regular retail stores (the big ones I used in the linen closet cost about $8 from ROSS - the best place to find baskets).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Baskets can make a huge improvement! It all looks great. Stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove the baskets in the linen closet. It looks great!! Way to go :0)
ReplyDeleteOoh ooh I love the fabric pictures. Great job!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm totally going to Ross to shop for baskets now, thanks for the tip! All the areas look super, nice work!
ReplyDeleteI am loving your organization projects, specially because I know how time consuming they are and I recently did my bathroom closet and I felt so good about it, I have been able to keep it that way for more than 4 weeks and that is an improvement. My linen closet on the other hand was organized and then destroyed by my kids and I did not have the energy to reorganize it but the idea of baskets in there is bringing the desire back... we'll see. Keep going, everything looks great.
ReplyDeleteI love all the baskets you used to organize everything. I'm hosting We're ORganized Wednesday through Saturday and would love for you to join the party if you get a chance.
ReplyDeleteStopping by for the first time to admire your great organizing ideas! Everything looks so neat and tidy!
ReplyDeleteKindly, Lorraine
Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.
ReplyDelete