6.02.2011

7 Months

I realize it's been awhile since I've done a post about the boys, I really should do them more often because they are growing and changing so fast. Just last month I would have written about how C is content lying on the floor playing with his feet or a toy if one happened to be close by, and that he was a good sleeper falling asleep no matter what was going on around him. W on the other hand would have been called a high maintenance baby needing to be upright (sitting or more preferable standing) so he could see what was going on. The whole house would have to be dark and quiet before he would even think of going to bed. As the month progressed they both became difficult at night as they started rolling over in their beds and waking themselves up. After a few nights of crying, they finally figured out that they could roll over and just go back to bed and now they actually roll onto their tummies as soon as I lay them in their cribs. Now at 7 months, they're personalities are really showing and it's drastically different than was previously expected. C, my calm, quiet baby with a soft voice is a mischievous little fellow that is always causing trouble. When ever the boys are on the floor, he wants to play with whatever toy his brother has and just . leans over and takes it from him. He has also been known to steal pacifiers and has knocked over a few glasses at feeding time. He can roll in both directions, sit up on his own, and is trying to figure out this crawling thing (he gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth for a while before pushing off backwards). W on the other hand is content sitting on his bottom playing with his toys and has sat and played quietly for up to 30min before. At feeding time he's too concerned about getting feed to worry about what's on the table around him. He too can roll over both ways, sit up on his own and is trying to figure out how to crawl - just not as often as C. W is now the good sleeper and as soon as we put him in the crib he rolls over and goes to sleep, even if he's wide awake before hand. C needs to be rocked until he's almost asleep and even then he still usually ends up crying himself to sleep. They are both sleeping in their own room now and occasionally sleep through the night. They love eating solids and get really excited when it's feeding time. I am still nursing them and only give formula in the evenings (or when we're out - I don't have time to pump). The older they get the more they start to look alike. Fortunately, W is still a lot bigger so we use his chunkiness to help tell them apart. On that note, here are their 6 month stats (almost 7 months actually since we didn't get them in until last week).

On 5/25. . .

W was 17lbs 14.5oz (43.84%) and 26" (19.19%)




C was 16lbs 15.5oz (26.77%) and 26.25" (27.84%)




*sorry the photos aren't the greatest quality, they were took with my phone, I'll upload better ones once I dump my camera (hopefully this afternoon)

1 comment:

  1. Erik and you make very pretty babies. J, W, and C are all gorgeous children!!!

    ReplyDelete