4.26.2008
My Soul Aches
I have found that since becoming a mother, my soul is closer to that of my Heavenly Father's. I look at my tiny daughter and realize that the great amount of love that I feel for her is only a portion of the love that our Heavenly Father feels for each of his children. I have found that these deepened feelings are not only for my husband and child, but for friends and family as well. I found this to be so the other day when I recieved an email with a link to wedding pictures from a good friend. This friend was one whom I attended institute with, we were in the same singles ward, she was even with me when I went through the temple for the first time. To see her wedding pictures made my soul ache for through them I could see that the church was no longer a part of her life. It broke my heart to see her in such a state. I had an awful feeling in my soul after look at her wedding album. My friend made a beautiful bride, but her marriage was that of a civil nature, and her dress, though very pretty, did not fit into the standards of the church. I felt a deep sorrow for my friend and wondered how she'd let herself fall so far away from what she had once known to be true. While aching for the "loss" of this friend, I started to wonder. If I feel this deep of a sorrow for a friend, how deep is the sorrow of our Heavenly Father when we, as His children, lose our way. It makes me realize that His love for us is truely great. My prayers are that my friend will find her way once more, and that I always have this closeness with my Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





What a beautiful testimony! Thanks for sharing. I understand how that feels. . .
ReplyDeletei felt the same way when i saw the pictures, great post! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete