3.21.2010

My Little Nurse

Today, I'm very grateful and full of love for my little nurse. I haven't been feeling well today so I laid down after Erik went to work and J came and laid next to me. She gave me a big hug and started to sing me a song to make me feel better and she continued to sing until we both fell asleep. I'm very fortunate to have such a compassionate and loving little girl. Whenever I don't feel well either physically or emotionally she's always taking care of me and doing things to make me feel better. She'll put the back of her hand to my forehead to see if I have a fever, she'll kiss where I hurt, whether it be my head or my heart and then she'll let me hold her, snuggle with me or sing me a song. Occasionally she'll tell me that a treat for the two of us to share will make me feel better (you'll be amazed at the wonders that a little ice cream can do at our house). Today as I was watching her sleep as I woke up from our nap I was overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude and love and can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for sending her to our family. She's my little nurse, my friend and my baby girl and I LOVE her more than words can express!

1 comment:

  1. That is so dang sweet...I love that she is such a care taker...she will be a GREAT big sister...I know it will happen...Sure love you and glad to hear your little stories of that princess of yours...

    ReplyDelete