4.18.2010

Houston Rodeo

I logged on today thinking that I'd start relaying the details of our trip to Utah, but then I took a closer look at the blog and realized I've got more catching up to do than that. We'll go back to the first part of March and the Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show. This is a HUGE event in Houston, lasting about 3 weeks. To start things off this year, we went to the Rodeo parade (sorry no pictures, it was cold and I was trying to stay warm and keep J warm as well). J liked seeing all the horses, especially the police horses. About a week later we hit the livestock show and rodeo. J enjoys going to the birthing center to see all the baby animals that have been born that week and to the petting zoo. (this goat jumped right into Erik's lap). Erik and J were trying out the tractors, apparently J's a little scared of her dad's driving because after she quickly put her seat belt on. After a long afternoon at the livestock show we dropped J off with Erik's mom while we headed back to the rodeo. I've never been to a rodeo so it was cool to watch. Each night after the rodeo there's a concert, the night we went Tim McGraw was performing. We went back to the livestock show a couple more times, once with some friends of ours from church and then again with Erik's mom. On the trip with Erik's mom, J got to ride a few rides at the carnival. The carousel is always a favorite. She was so excited to be tall enough to ride this ride by herself, and here is her and her Mimi on the bumble bee ride.

2 comments:

  1. How fun, I have never been to the Rodeo yet, sounds like I have to get there next year. Jordan is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her plaid shirt! And her hair is getting so LONG! She is such a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete