7.26.2010

22 Weeks

We are 22 weeks today. This morning we had an appointment with our high risk Dr. He said that everything was looking good. The babies each weigh almost a lb (15 oz for Baby A and he didn't give us a specific weight for Baby B, just said almost a lb). Which means no TTTS so far and we have successfully avoided the surgery. We are still at risk for TTTS, but they don't do the surgery after 25 wks (our next appointment with this Dr. is at 25 wks). If the babies start to develop TTTS the Dr will just monitor us closely and if it gets severe, they'll end up taking the babies out early, but we'll worry about that when it happens (if it happens). Dr. said that I too am looking good, no signs of preterm labor (bleeding, cramping, shortening of the cervix) so we'll see him again in 3 weeks. In the meantime, we see the hematologist next week and our regular OB the following week. I'm so glad that I have great friends to watch J for us while we go to all of these appointments (we take her to the regular OB, but she can't go to the high risk Dr. and I don't like taking her to the hematologist, its too much work).

Baby A 22 weeks Baby B 22 weeks.


*on a side note: if you couldn't tell, I was a bit irritated yesterday. I do have to say that MOST of my friends/family have been very helpful and supportive during this pregnancy, there have just been a few are really getting on my nerves. So THANK YOU for all the love and support you've shown to our family, it's been greatly needed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment