7.12.2010

Down Hill

I am 20 weeks today so its officially all down hill from here (in every sense of the phrase). We have more time (as well as good days) behind than in front. Not only is time going down hill, but how I'm feeling as well. It feels like my belly has doubled in size this week (though I'm still only measuring 2 wks ahead: 22 wks now) and along with that comes squished guts. I've had heartburn the past few days along with a bit of acid reflux, I'm finding it harder and harder to take a deep breath and I feel like I'm starting to waddle when I walk. In other words, I feel like I should have a few weeks to go, not a few months. At the rate I'm going, I wouldn't be surprised if I can't move come September (nor will I want to). Since I've started to get so uncomfortable, and since we don't really know when these babies will arrive (we're hoping to make it to 36 wks) Erik and I have decided to try to get everything ready by 30 weeks (mid September). Fortunately, we both have great parents that have helped with the big ticket items (cribs, car seats, and stroller) so we really only need a few smaller items (bouncers, baby monitor, diaper bag, etc.) so it wont be too hard to get things here and there during the next 1o weeks. In other baby news, we had our 20 week appointment today. It was the usual, ask how I'm feeling, go over what the high risk Dr. said, and check the babies heart beats. Baby B had a heart rate of 145 and is now breech. Baby A was being difficult today and kept moving so it took the Dr. quite awhile to pick up his heart rate on the Doppler (don't worry, she always checks them by ultrasound first so we had already seen his heart beating). His heart rate was 141 and he's transverse, almost head down (kind of at an angle with his feet up by my ribs). I feel Baby B move frequently, not so much Baby A. I believe it's because the placenta is absorbing his movements, but as time goes on I'll be able to feel them both a lot more. Right now, I'm getting tired of getting kick in the bladder, but then again, I'm not sure if that's worse than getting kicked in the ribs (or in my case both :) ).

In other family news, J's had a few rough days lately. She hasn't been getting enough sleep and it has taken its toll. Part of the problem was that she's afraid of the dark and the night light in her room didn't produce enough light so we would have to leave the hall light on. That on the other had was too much light so she'd just sit and play for hours instead of going to bed. I think we've solved the problem though. We got a lamp for her room and picked up a red light bulb for it. It makes it light enough that she's not scared, but still dark enough for her to easily fall asleep. Now if there was a way to curtail the early morning wake ups. . .

As usual, Erik has been keeping busy. He recently finished painting the house (the only left to do is our bedroom, we just don't know what we're going to do in there yet), and is now onto hardwood floors. He has several vacation days coming up so we decided we'd take advantage of them and get the floors done, we actually picked up the wood today. The plan is to start the demolition of the of the existing floors next weekend. We should have new floors by the first part of August.

*Erik wanted me to put a side note in here of how he went to the store to get milk and ended up picking me up some all fruit Popsicles since food has been making me sick all day. Isn't he such a great guy :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what you are going through but you are staying so positive and it will all be worth it for your little family...I love hearing the updates and I can't wait to read more...keep up the good work and hang in there...the time will fly by faster then you think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultrasound pics are great, love to see the little ones in there :) Your house is looking great and I always thought your other house looked so beautiful even if I only saw it once :) I am sorry you are going through a tough time with the food, I can relate to that big time and hope that it will pass soon for both of us. I really can't imagine what is like to carry two babies, I know one is hard enough some times. Hang in there and rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete