In my last post I mentioned how my OB said that we would talk about setting an induction date on Monday if I made it to my appointment, apparently after talking to my High Risk Dr about my meds (I'll address this in a moment) she decided to go ahead and schedule an induction. That's correct, I just received a call from the hospital saying that I need to go in Tuesday to get some lab work done before my induction on Wednesday. So In a week, I will be a mother of 3. It's nice to have an official eviction date, but it's also nerve wracking to think I only have 5 days left until our lives are going to change forever. Personally, I think I'll make it to the induction date. I haven't had any contractions and I had to be induced with J (my water broke but I never went into labor with her).
Now, onto the medicine situation. My dr's decided that it was too risky to have me completely off blood thinners for over a week so they switched me to Heparin. It's a different blood thinner that has a shorter life span (only lasts 12 hrs vs the 24 of lovenox) and it is reversible (they can give you other meds to reverse it's effects; lovenox is not reversible). The downside to this is that Heparin is EXPENSIVE (10 days costs more than 30 days of lovenox), the needles are larger, and they're not pre-filled, but you do what you have to do when it comes to you're little ones. At least it's only for 10 days and then back to lovenox for another 6 wks and then I should be able to go completely off the blood thinners or at least to a pill form.
10.29.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





BABIES!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you, Erik, and J!
Oh my goodness...I can only imagine the excitement and nervousness...you guys will be great-you are already great parents...I can't wait to see pics of these little ones and hear about the experience...ahhhh it is so close....good luck and will be thinking of you all weekend and week...YAY!!!!!
ReplyDelete