I don't have any tips for organizing any physical thing this week, but some info on how I organize my cleaning schedule. I wish I had more info on organizing time in general, but I don't, I'm actually horrible at organizing my time. I spend way too much time playing on the Internet whether it be on facebook, reading blogs, or just surfing the net (granted I'm usually nursing while I'm online). I've had several people ask how I keep my house so clean and still find time to take care of my 3 little ones and do all my organizing/blogging. My tip is the same as Laura and I'm an Organizing Junkie talked about last week. I just do enough to make it good enough. Your good enough might be different than mine, my "usual" good enough is different than what it is right now. I've had to adjust my standards to what I can reasonably do at this point in my life, and some weeks I may find the time to do a little extra, but most weeks, it's "good enough". Here is what my good enough looks like right now. . .
Daily Chores:
- sweep kitchen floor
- sweep wood floors
- dishes
- general clean up of main living areas (J has learned that any toys that get left out at night will get taken away)
Weekly Chores:
- Monday: Grocery Shopping
- Tuesday: Laundry (I like doing all my laundry on one day, it gives me a sense of accomplishment to say that the laundry is "done")
- Wednesday: Kitchen
- Thursday: Bathrooms
- Friday: Vacuum/ Dust
- Saturday: Yard work
J has to pick up her room every evening before bed, but the playroom only gets picked up about once a week (if even that often). I think Erik answered it best when he said we keep the house so clean by not letting it get messy. By doing general clean up every evening before bed we start each day with a clean house.
3.11.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I am doing the same thing for myself. I actually bought a personal planner to keep track of what I actually end up doing and a notebook to keep track of the things that need to get done. I am going with the flow really. Good job on what you are to accomplish.
ReplyDelete