5.26.2011

30 Post Challege Post 1

A few of my friends have done a 30 day challenge on their blog, posting something different each day for a month. These posts are meant to help your readers get to know you better. I'm not going to lie, I'm not going to post everyday, so I'm just going to do the 30 posts as I can. So here goes with the first one. . .


Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.



1. I love to cook/bake but don't do it very often because it's usually only me and the kiddos at home to eat it.


2. When I was younger I was so shy that I would get nervous talking to my own grandparents (who were my neighbors, so it's not like I hardly saw them).


3. I got my B.S. in Biology from BYU-Hawaii


4. I got a M. S. in Human Genetics and a M.S. in Neuroscience from Tulane University


5. I LOVE to read, but don't do it very often because once I start a good book I have a hard time putting it down and EVERYTHING else tends to get neglected.


6. I enjoy designing furniture and have designed 2 pieces that I currently have in my house (a console table that my FIL built for me and the built-ins Erik built for our playroom) and am in the process of coming up with a design for a new coffee table.


7. I find sharks fascinating and would love to be able to go in a shark cage (where I'm in the cage and the sharks are outside)


8. Summer is my favorite season (even here in Houston) I love the heat, and all the fun summer brings (the sand, sun, and surf).


9. I hate driving and let others drive whenever I can.


10. Emptying the dishwasher and mopping the kitchen floor are my least favorite chores.


11. I actually enjoy doing laundry.


12. I enjoy throwing dinner parties and wish that I could do it more often - I think I enjoy it so much because not only does it give me the opportunity to cook, but it gives me a chance to interact with people in an environment that I'm comfortable in.


13. It was very hard for me to leave the workforce and become a SAHM and once the kiddos are all in school full time I plan on going back to school to get my Ph.D


14. I lived in Hawaii for 3.5 yrs but have never surfed (just wasn't interested)


15. I love peant butter and can (and frequently do) eat it straight out of the jar.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is all I can say. Smart woman :) I think that this is an awesome idea and will be doing the same on my blog. Looking forward to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete