9.08.2011

Police Officers Wife

I don’t wear a badge or boots on my feet
I don’t wear a gun or fight crime on the street

I don’t wear a uniform or work all hours of the night
I won’t ever get promoted or hurt in a fight

I do, however, wear a ring on the left,
The one that he gave me, the day I said yes

I vowed that day, to stand by his side
While he fights to keep us safe with honor and pride

I promised to care for our kids and our home
I knew there’s be times when I’d sleep all alone

But that is okay, I chose this life
I take pride in being a Police Officer’s wife.

*a dear friend had a poem similar to this on her blog about being a military wife. I felt that parts of it rang true for being a police officer's wife so I adapted it to fit a little better.

2 comments:

  1. So TRUE....you did a GREAT job at seeing that it can fit for you and your family also....I sure love ya...and tell those boys to stop growing up so fast...they are so stinking cute...

    ReplyDelete