9.25.2008

1 Year Photos

Since Jordyn wont sit still long enough for me to get decent pictures of her, we decided that we'd take her to a department store studio (thinking that maybe the "professionals" there might know enough tricks to get her to sit still). Talk about a waste of time. Erik and I had to employ ever tactic we knew to try to get her to hold still long enough for the photographer to snap a few pictures. After two hours of wasted time, we were told that their "take your pictures home today" guarantee, meant you had to pay an extra $20 to take your pictures home today, we decided we'd wasted enough money, and that we'd wait the two weeks to get our pictures, which were finally picked up yesterday. Here's what we got...




*one good thing was we got a CD with the pictures on it (enhancements included) and a copyright release so we can do as we please with the pictures.

4 comments:

  1. I think they came out great! What a cutie! What store did you have them done at? They had a slot of props- and cute ones, too! Not the typical cheesy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just wanted you to know we tried the JC Penneys in Metairie. I wasn't all that impressed...a 15 yr old took the pictures and she had no idea what she was doing. But each studio is different, so I guess it's a matter of finding out who is good in the area you are in. Of course, I would relly love to just get my own professional camera and take my own pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I don't think it's possible for Jordyn to take a bad picture, so I'm not surprised! They turned out really nice.

    I have decided that portrait studios are a huge pain, no matter where you go or how much you pay! It seems all the experiences I've had are similar to yours. It makes you want to never do it again, huh?! But way to go and getting them done. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all so cute, i like the one with the blocks

    ReplyDelete