skip to main |
skip to sidebar
As I sit here waiting for this storm to hit, I find myself feeling helpless. I've done what the authorities have asked. I've got more than my 72 hr. kit ready, all loose objects have been brought in from outside, I have cash on hand, flashlights, a wind up radio, and the car has a full tank of gas, yet I still have fear in my heart and butterflies in my stomach. I know that no matter how prepared I feel, this is something new, and I wont be prepared enough. All this preparation wont stop this storm from coming, wont stop it from doing damage.
It might keep us safe, but will it be enough to help my little one through the next few hours let alone the next few days. How will I be able to tell Jordyn, with her limited communication and understanding, that I'm ready, how can I help her to understand that we will be okay, how can I calm her fears when this storm rages overhead. My nervousness is not so much for myself, but for her, and my fear is for her daddy, who, because of the nature of his job, has to be out on the streets helping others. I pretend that I'm okay so that he wont worry about us. He needs to think we're okay so that he can perform his job correctly. I need to pretend that I'm okay so that my little one wont sense my fear. I need to pretend that I'm okay so that maybe, just maybe when this storm is over head, I might believe that I am okay, and I will get through this. Physically, I'm about as prepared as I think I can get (never having been through this I'm not completely sure what I'll need), however, mentally, I'm a mess. I'm doing all I can to plead for the help of my Heavenly Father. I got a blessing last night, I've read my scriptures, and there is constantly a prayer in my heart.
I am a bit calmer than I was yesterday when I heard that the storm had turned and was headed our way, but I'm still nervous, and I still have an elemnt of fear with me. I know that I will survive this, but I pray for the well being of my child and of my husband. I pray for Heavenly Father to be with them. I pray that we will get through this together.

My prayers are with you too! Please call if you need anything at all- (985) 290-8424. I know Heavenly Father will bless you for being so prepared.
ReplyDeleteOh, Amy! I've thought about you guys so much the last couple days. Please let me know if you need anything at all or a place to stay or ANYTHING. I pray that all will be well for you and your little family and especially for Erik while he is out 'keeping the peace' during the storm! Good luck and I'll be anxious to hear that everything is fine with you guys once the storm has passed. Take care!
ReplyDeleteAmy I love you and my prayers are with you, Erik, and Jordyn. Heavenly Father has a plan and everything will work out fine. Just rely on them and trust me they will help you through this. I love you, the whole family loves you, and we're all thinking about you, praying that all of you will be safe. We're here if you need to talk. Love you and be safe. :)
ReplyDelete