3.09.2009

Get Fit: Week 5


I know, I was bad and didn't do a week 4 update, it was a crazy week, and the scale wasn't my friend so I wasn't too inclined to post. But now that week 5 is come and gone, I figure I should get back on the bandwagon and post our progress. This month we're focusing on swimming and getting in shape to swim 500m for our contest. I'm able to swim the 10 laps without much difficulty, but I've been swimming since I was little. Erik's doing well on his swimming and can do 5 laps, but he doesn't claim to be a swimmer. He pushed me last month on our race (the guy ran the 5k without any troubles and didn't even attempt to run before hand. In fact, I don't think he's ran for months), and this month, it's my turn to push him. That's why we're a team. Back to our update. The scale was really nice to me today. I weighed in at 179.6 making a total weight loss of about 7lbs since we started. I've also lost several inches off my midsection, which is evident by my sagging jeans. All in all, I'd say it has been a good week. I'm feeling stronger, have more energy, and am feeling better about myself, and that is what this process is all about. Here's to another good week!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, if I ever make it up to Houston, you'll have to teach me how to swim. Troy has tried in the past but when you're using a small apartment pool with no room to move, it's hard to make progress! My Mom said I used to swim like a fish as a kid so I apparently knew how to at some point in time but no longer. I hear it is such good exercise. It sounds like you are doing great. I can't wait to be able to run again too! :-)

    ReplyDelete