6.07.2009
Froggie
The other day Jordyn and I decided to play outside for a little while before bed. As Jordyn ran around and played on her "park" I started to open our deck umbrella. Between the folds of fabric on the umbrella I saw a bright green tree frog.
As I tried to catch it to show Jordyn it hopped onto the patio furniture and then onto my leg, which startled me (who expects a frog to jump at them?) so it got away. The next morning, I went to see if our frog had made his was back to the umbrella, and sure enough he was there. This time I was able to catch him for Jordyn. We put him in a glass jar so Jordyn could look at him better.
After showing him off to daddy, we took "froggie" outside and let him go. Jordyn was so excited to see him hop away. All day she kept telling us "see froggie, go ibbit, ibbit".
Unfortunately, we haven't seen "froggie" since. I think he's found a new hiding place, but everytime we go outside, we have to check the umbrella, just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Amy, we need to get our umbrella guests together. We have a lizard that lives in our umbrella, everytime we open it up he is clinging to the side, or he goes flying out & runs away, to come back another day. This morning as Heather opened the umbrella, unawear that a lizzard lived there, she is winding the handle, the umbrlla is opening up & a lizzard is flying toward her almost going down the front of her swimsuit. Nedless to say, we got to watch a screeming, dancing Heather! I thought it was a great happy dance! I don't think Heather was as impressed with our little guest.
ReplyDelete