skip to main |
skip to sidebar
. . . and what did I see, popcorn popping on my peach tree. I don't have an apricot tree. Erik doesn't really like apricots so we planted a peach and a pear tree instead. The peach tree started blossoming this week! The pear tree isn't blossoming, but it does have a ton of new growth and we're excited to have pears in the fall!
To welcome in spring, we've also started planting our garden. The previous owners built a raised flowerbed along the entire back fence (about 5' x 60' it's HUGE)
and we turned it into our garden. We have our 2 fruit trees, a couple raspberry bushes, strawberries, tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapenos, Serrano peppers, poblano peppers, corn, lettuce, radishes, peas, carrots, and cucumbers. We planted the lettuce, peas, radishes, carrots and cucumbers by seed last week and when we went out to plant the rest of the plants today, we were pleasantly surprised to see that our seeds were sprouting!
Tomorrow we're going to plant our green beans and go try to find some summer squash and spinach plants. We're very excited and hope that our little garden grows!
I started Mom's garden this last week too. Every year she wants more and so it seems like I am always making more beds on the hill. I hope your garden turns out great!
ReplyDeleteoh i love gardens!!
ReplyDeleteCan I have some of your gardening skills? I have such a black thumb.
ReplyDelete