3.01.2010

Just for you Dad!

Apple Slice, Pink Whisper, Pale Butter, Universal Umber. . . these (and several others) are the paint colors we've used on our WALLS (notice "Hospital White" isn't one of them). For those of you who are a bit lost, let me fill you in. My dad has a FEAR of color. He thinks all walls should look like those in a hospital [STARK WHITE]. Our walls started out a cream, almost white color and we HATED it, everything looked so Blah, so we went to our handy hardware store and bought a little paint (okay so we bought a lot of paint, our local hardware store knows Erik by name, is that bad?). Here's a few pictures of what we've done. . .

J's room: Pink Whisper
Dining room: Churchhill Hotel Brown (the bottom; the top is the color that the entire house was painted when we moved in)
Laundry Room: Pale Butter (it was left over from our old house. We had it in the kitchen, but it was too bright)

Master bath water closet: Humboldt Earth (left over from old Master bedroom)

Powder room: Universal Umber (left over from old Powder room)

Fireplace: Fairmont Penthouse Garnet
Main house color: Lyndhurst Stone

Kitchen: Hazy Dawn

We also used Cincinnatan Hotel Hannaford in J's bathroom and have bought Apple Slice for the spare room but haven't gotten around to painting it yet.
If you want dad, we'll be there in 3 weeks and would love to add a little color to your house!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love all the colors...I love adding color to my walls too...you did a GREAT JOB...looks really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I love all the colors! I could never convince Jeremy to do so much painting. He would rather die than paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors they look great. I am scared of colors too but I am dying to change the boring color we have all over the house.

    ReplyDelete