6.07.2010

15 weeks

We had another OB appointment today, we got to see the babies (sorry grandmas, no pictures this time). We also were able to hear their heart beats. The babies are so close together that it took the OB a while to get one heartbeat at a time so that we could hear them clearly, but she did it. Their heart rates were 168bpm and 163bpm. She also measured my fundal height. I'm measuring 17cm (what a singleton baby should measure at 17 weeks). I had some routine blood work done today and the phlebotomist asked J if she could take her blood instead of Mommy's, J didn't like that idea. In fact, she was so upset by the thought that she started crying. After we reassured her that they would only be taking Mommy's blood she settled down and watched them take my blood. We go back to see the OB in 2 weeks. We also get to see the hematologist this week and then the high risk Dr. in 3 weeks. I'm so glad my insurance pays for all these Dr. visits or we would be VERY broke!

In other 2nd trimester news, I feel like I've been gypped. Most people feel awful their first trimester and then start to feel better by the second, I'm going in the opposite direction! During the first trimester I was extremely tired, but otherwise felt ok, in the past couple of weeks not only have I been extremely tired but I've been getting really bad headaches (for which Tylenol does nothing) and have been sick to my stomach. Oh well, such is life!

2 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation I always feel sick to my stomach for the first 5 months, it has been like that with all my pregnancies :( I am so glad your insurance covers all the doc. appt. Sorry you don't feel that great but hang in there. Love your posts by the way, it is so interesting to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so weird. That is what happened to me too. Super tired the first trimester, but not so sick. (In fact that is the only reason we found out we were having twins so early - my doctor was worried about miscarriage because I hadn't been sick.) Then, just when I thought I was out of the woods for sickness, I started feeling barfy. It didn't last too long though. Hopefully yours will be short lived too.

    ReplyDelete