We had another appointment with our regular OB today. I'm 17 weeks, measuring 19, and everything looks good. We saw (and heard) both of the babies heart beats (their heart rates were 154 bpm & 144 bpm). They're laying sideways in what my Dr. called a "transverse/transverse" position. Their heads are on opposite ends and they're facing each other. We also talked a little about delivery options. My OB wont deliver vaginally unless both babies are head down. This is to reduce the risk of having Baby A vaginally and then having to do an emergency C-section, so we're going to be praying that when the time comes, they're both head down. The results from our tetra-screen test that they did last time came back negative (its the test they do for spina bifida, down syndrome and trisomy 18). Since everything looks good (and there's a holiday weekend in 2 weeks) we're scheduled to see this Dr. again in 3 weeks.
In other news, it's been a rough week here at home. I've been getting headaches almost every afternoon. I think it has to do with the heat and lack of sleep. I haven't been sleeping well, I can't get comfortable, and the past few days, my hips have been really hurting. I used a body pillow when I was pregnant with J and did fine, but it's not working for me this time around, I'm going to have to figure something out soon, I may just have to break down and try one of those "pregnancy pillows." I've been trying to avoid spending the money on something I'll probably wont use again. I've also been really emotional. Erik's had a hard time dealing with this one, he doesn't understand why I cry for no reason. He thinks there needs to be a cause, and is always trying to find it out so that he can fix it. I finally told him the other day that I'm just being an emotional/hormonal pregnant lady and need to be left alone. And to top it all off, I've started experiencing morning sickness. It happens almost every day about an hour after I get up. I usually have to eat something (a yogurt, or handful of nuts seem to help the best) and then lay down. I'm not the only one that had a rough week. J's been VERY grumpy this past week. I think a lot of it has to do with her not getting enough sleep. For some reason she's been waking up before 6:30 (this is a child who used to sleep until 8:00/8:30 some days; and was NEVER up before 7:00) and then not falling asleep until late at night.
Despite everyone being so grumpy and not feeling well, we had a productive week. Erik painted the babies room and changed the oil in both the cars, and I made 2 batches of salsa (7 pints + 3 quarts) and 1 batch tomato soup (6 pints + 4 quarts). And on Sunday we celebrated having the BEST DADDY EVER in our family! We didn't do much, just gave him lots of loves and made him a special dinner. We had Peppercorn Roast Beef with caramelized onions, corn on the cob, noodles, and sliced tomatoes. I also made yellow cupcakes (from scratch) with chocolate frosting (not from scratch). It was so yummy that J even ate it (she's a VERY picky eater). Most importantly, Erik liked it. WE LOVE YOU DADDY-O!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment