Not long after we bought our first house, I told Erik that I'd always wanted one of those houses that people walk into and say "WOW". A beautiful home that is nicely decorated, and looked, well perfect. I've always been big on perfectionism. I thrive on not just a tidy house, but an immaculate house (not that you could tell by looking at my house now). In college, my friends would joke about me having OCD because I was always making sure things looked perfect in my apartment (well, to the best of my ability since I had 2 roommates). I wanted that perfectness to reflect in my home. For the 19 months that we lived in that house we worked on making it a "WOW" house. We had our list of things that we wanted to do, I even have a file in our filling cabinet entitled "wow house". We weren't able to make that house a "wow house" before we sold it and moved (though apparently is was nice enough that it didn't take us very long to sell it). Now we're in our new house which we are in the process of making into a "wow house" We haven't made an actual written list or a file for this house, we've just been keeping a mental list of the things that we'd like to accomplish. My wonderful hubby has been busy knocking of items on that list, this week he finished painting the front entry/hallway and hanging up pictures. 

Next on the agenda is putting hardwood floors in our dining room, living room and the hallway connecting them.
*yes, I realize that most of our picture frames are either empty or have the papers from the store still in them, but since we're still awaiting the arrival of the 2 newest members of our family I don't have pictures to put in them yet.
I love your house...I can't wait to see more pictures...I am jealous you have a house to decorate...our little town home is maxed out...maybe someday I will get something bigger that I can start a wow file on...I love that idea...keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteLove the color of the entry! Good Job! I know what you mean about a "wow house". I call my version "adult house". I just wanted to get rid of all our cheap college furniture and finally have some nice "grown up" furniture. We still don't have a formal dining room set yet, but that's ok, since Jeremy and Shelby use that room to run around in anyway. One day we'll have a complete "adult house".
ReplyDeleteWow! ;)
ReplyDelete