9.14.2010

29 weeks


Last Wednesday, we had an appointment with our high risk Dr. The boys are both 2lbs 12 oz, and right on track. However, we did find out that Baby L (left) has flipped and is now breech. Other than that, everything looks good and our Dr. said he was amazed at how well everything is going considering all of our risk factors. Then on Monday, I had an appointment with the regular OB. Baby L was still breech. I was exactly 29 wks, but measured at 37 wks. Baby L's heart rate was 138 and Baby R (right)'s was 132 (they were both sleeping). She told me that I passed my glucose test and that my iron levels were normal. We also scheduled a "tentative" c-section date in case Baby L doesn't flip (and I don't go into labor before this date). It's November 16 (38 wks +1 day). (Baby R) (Baby L)

As you've noticed, I've started calling the boys Baby L and Baby R, we've decided to do this so people don't get confused as to which one we're talking about since their 'A & B' status keeps changing, and this way, people wont know which one is born first. We don't want the boys to know which one is older since that can become a source of contention later on with twins. Also, on a side note, all my future pregnancy posts will be straight facts since I've been told that I complain too much. For any who feel this way, I want to express my apologies. I've never meant to complain, only to be honest about how I was feeling and the things that were going on in this pregnancy. From now on, those thoughts and feelings will be jotted down in a paper journal.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm, you have TWO babies in your uterus! You are taking it like a champ. Feel free to email and complain to me anytime. I am excited for you and the babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for passing your glucose test! I totally flunked it with my babies, and had to go on a not so fun diet, and prick my finger 4 times a day. (Apparently, gestational diabetes is more common in twin pregnancies.) It actually wasn't that bad, but I admit I have been enjoying my ice cream & treats these last few weeks since the babies were born. I see you are in the single digits for weeks left to go. Hooray!! I'll be thinking about you. I hope all goes smoothly for the delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say it's your blog and you'll complain if you want to. ;)

    You are nearing the end! Glad things are going so well. Are you switching up to Heparin in the next couple weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great Amy, this is YOUR blog and you should be able to say what ever you want, at least that is how I feel. I am so excited for you and your family and hoping everything will go well and you can carry them until they are big and strong enough to come out.

    ReplyDelete