10.23.2010

34 Weeks

I'm a little slow at posting this since I'm now almost 35 wks, but better late than never (right?). I had 2 Dr's appointments this week. On Monday I went to the regular OB. My belly was measuring at 42 wks (aka HUGE). The boys' heart rates were 136 (Baby R) and 147 (Baby L). Then on Wednesday I saw the High Risk OB. The boys weighed in at 5lbs 10 oz (Baby L) and 5lbs 6oz (Baby R). Our High Risk Dr. wants the boys delivered between 36 & 37 wks (the first week of Nov.). He had me stop taking the baby aspirin and told me to stop taking the Lovenox shots 2 days before our scheduled induction (we should get an official date at our next OB appointment on Monday). Let's hope our regular OB goes along with the high risk Dr and doesn't cause too much drama over the issue (at previous appointments she has told us that she DOES NOT induce with twins). Some of you may be curious as to why our High Risk Dr. wants the boys out so early. Here's what he explained to us, our twins share a placenta and after about 37 wks, studies have shown that the shared placenta starts to age (stop working) rather quickly. To go along with this, my use of blood thinners complicates matters even more since I shouldn't have them in my system when I deliver (if the boys decide to come before their scheduled induction and I have the medication in my system it just means no pain meds for me). We'll keep everyone updated on what the Dr. says on Monday. Here's a cute picture of Baby L (we got some of Baby R as well, but he's so squished in them that they didn't scan well).



1 comment:

  1. You've made it to 35 weeks! Congrats! I don't think I've ever actually commented on your blog, but I do read it. I hope all goes well for you in the next few weeks and I can't wait to see pictures of your little guys!

    ReplyDelete