1.06.2011

2 Month Check Up


The boys had their 2 month check up yesterday. These visits always have a good and bad side to them. The good is that we get to see exactly how well our little munchkins are growing, the bad is that they have to get shots at the end (3 shots and a juice to drink each). So here's the fun part, their stats:

C:
Weight: 10lbs 7oz (19.69%)
Height: 21.25" (3.18%)

W:
Weight: 11lbs 11.5oz (50%)
Height: 22" (~17% W's stat's didn't print on his visit summary so I don't know the exact %)

We also found out the the boys have sensitive skin, we are to forgo the baby soap and use Cetaphil (an adult facial cleanser for sensitive skin) and that they most likely have allergies to milk proteins (they should outgrow this). The Dr. switched us to Alimentum formula for their supplements (the proteins are completely broken down so they don't bother the boys' tummies) and I am to cut back on the dairy that I eat. If that doesn't help them out then I'll have to eliminate dairy from my diet as long as I'm breastfeeding them. These changes should help with the spitting up, diarrhea and fussiness. The boys haven't reached any "normal" 2 month milestones developmentally (cooing/social smiles) but that's to be expected since they are considered to be only a month old developmentally since they were preemies (they go by due date not birth date for developmental progress on preemies up until their 2nd birthday).

1 comment:

  1. Maya had milk alergies too and grew out of them. The new diet is a big adjustment . . . I think it helped on the weight loss end of things though;)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete