2010 was quite the rollarcoaster ride for our family. We started the year off with a loss (miscarriage #2 was last January), ended the year with the birth of our handsome little men and there were lots of ups and downs inbetween. Here's a few highlights:
E- has been BUSY working both at his job and at home. In the past year he's painted our entire house, built a GIANT table for outside, made a dog house, built a shed, refinished a dresser and laid hardwood floors on our main level. He switched divisions at work. He left patrol and went to an investigative division, he's only been there a little over 3 wks but he he couldn't be happier. E has big plans for 2011 as well. He's already researching how to build built-in shelves and a window seat in our playroom, and he wants to redo the yard later this spring.
A - I've been busy taking care of kids. I had a really rough pregnancy with the twins, but it was well worth it. [LOVE my boys]. Looking back over the year, I didn't accomplish much, no amazing craft projects or large number of books read, my garden failed and J's watched more TV this year than I would have liked, but I was able to keep my boys cooking as long as they needed and now I'm trying to get back on my feet, it's a big adjustment going from 1 to 3 kids. This next year I plan to loose some much needed weight, get my house back in order and work on improving my photography skills.
J - She's still taking gymnastics and is getting pretty good at it. She started preschool this fall and is loving it. I'm going to take a moment to brag a bit here. J starting school was a little controversy since her birthday is after the deadline (preschools around here use the same deadline as public schools which is Sept. 1st), her school let her in anyway but warned us that she'll probably have to repeat the 3's class again next year - yeah right, when school started she was the only one in her class that new all her shapes, colors and could count to 10. She's now learning how to write her name and will start dance class at the end of January. She loves spelling out words that she sees and doing simple math with her fingers.
C & W - I'm going to lump the boys together this year because they've pretty much done the same things so far. They've both over come a lot since their traumatic start to life. Both are growing and developing very well, and so far there seems to be no lasting effects from their TTTS, only slight developmental delay (which is normal in preemies). This next year will bring big changes for both of them. They will go from sleeping infants to full fledged toddlers and I'm excited to watch them grow and develop.
As a family we've gone through a lot in the past year. Somethings turned out as we'd planned, others did not, some for the good, and some for the bad, but we know that things turned out as our Heavenly Father had planned. He knew that we needed these two special spirits to come into our family at the same time and that it was going to be a long, hard process for us to get them here and to fully enjoy the hardships that they brought. We hope that this next year is a little more calm than last, but no less fulfilling and we hope you all have a very Happy New Year!
1.01.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment