8.27.2008

New Adventures



This past Monday, Jordyn and I embarked on a new adventure. We have get to play with Jordyn's friends Joel and Isaiah at our house for a few hours everyday. Joel (4) and Isaiah (3)started Pre-K at the school in our subdivision, and since both their parents work full time, I was asked if I'd watch them until their dad gets home. They're at our house for 5-5 1/2 hrs Monday -Thursday (Dad has Friday's off). It's been an adjustment for me to go from 1 kid to 3 kids in a few days, but it's been fun. Jordyn loves to play with the boys and they are so kind and gentle with her. Sometimes, she gets tired of them trying to help her. She is Miss IndependentI have seen a huge boost in Jordyn's confidence over the past few days. Before the boys came, she wouldn't leave my sight, and most of the time, I had to be sitting there playing with her. Now, she'll play outside with the boys while I'm inside, and even after they've gone home, she'll wander upstairs to the playroom and play by herself. I'm love having these boys in our home, and I hope that throughout the school year we can all learn from each other and that through their interactions with our family, they can feel their Saviors love and encourage their parents to come unto Him.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great of you to watch them. I'm sure their parents are very much appreciative. Isn't it funny how a few hours with older kids can create a sense of independence in babies? I am in the nursery, so Shelby comes in there with me (after Jeremy has had all he can handle). She loves playing with the older kids!

    ReplyDelete