2.04.2009

Random Facts & Interesting Tidbits


As Jordyn turns 17 months today, I thought that I would jot down some fun facts about her life right now. Now may you all be forward, not all of these are things are pleasant, but I feel that I have to reveal the true nature of Jordyn so here goes...
~ She is still obsessed with babies. She has to sleep with a boy and girl baby each night, and all babies need a blanket.
~ She loves dressing up, and will often pull clothes out of the pile I'm folding and try to put them on. Shoes are her favorite thing to try on, especially my high heels.

~ She is fascinated by airplanes. She is always pointing them out. She can tell when an airplane is overhead just by the sound, and she can pick out an airplane at night. Can you say future pilot?
~ She thinks it's funny when she makes her own bubbles in the tub.
~ She has to look in the mirror and give herself kisses each night after her bath.
~ She says hi to everything. In fact just a few days ago, the first thing she said when she woke up was, "hi house"
~ She's very interested in the cat's litter box, and we frequently have to tell her not to play in it.
~ She loves playing with her blocks and telling you what shapes they are.
~ If you ask her which ONE, she'll always answer TWO
~ She likes me to rock her just so she can hear me sing (I'm not a good singer, it's just that the only time I sing to her is when we're rocking. I guess I need to sing more often).
~ She has an attitude and has no problem telling me no. (needless to say, there have been a few toys taken away).
~ She loves trying on hats, but wont wear one when you want her to.

~ She wont sit still and let me read to her, but she loves to sit and "read" to herself and will pull a chair up to the bookcase and sit and "read" for long stretches of time.

~ She loves to say prayers. Randomly throughout the day she will fold her arms and say "prayer" and then go on and mumble a few things and then look at you for help. (Usually all we understand of her prayers is the word prayer and occasionally she'll say baby; go figure).

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! She seems like she has such a fun personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peyton won't let us read to him either but he'll pull out every single book he has and sit looking at the pictures himself. I am a huge reader so I'm hoping one of these days, he'll finally let me read to him !

    The litter box fact made me laugh- just don't make litter box dessert for her or she'll be really confused. {I think it's grape nuts cereal in powdered sugar with tootsie rolls tossed in... yuck! Too realistic for me!}

    She sure is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really fun to read all about Jordyn. I can't believe she's almost Nursery age! Time sure flies... I still remember you laying her on the ground as a newborn while you tried to teach Sunbeams!

    ReplyDelete