Then yesterday (Sept 4) our little princess turned 3. She was SO excited for her birthday. On Friday, we'd received presents from my family and the first thing she wanted to do Saturday morning was to open them. I made her wait until Daddy got up, and that was pure torture (unfortunately for Daddy, he ended up having to get up earlier than planned because she couldn't wait any longer). Before her party last week, we let her get her "big" present.
This was something that both sets of grandparents went in on with us and she LOVES it. Erik and a good friend of his stayed up until 1:00 in the morning putting this together for her (granted, they didn't start until 9:00 at night). We got it from Sam's and the instructions said "some assembly required", that was a complete LIE, it should have read, "total assembly required". It came in a box with about 300 pieces, not a single thing was preassembled. And J was so grateful when she first saw it. The first words our of her mouth were, "Where's the kitchen?!" Lucky for her, there were plans to get a kitchen for inside, we were just waiting to see what size would actually fit. So we took her to the toy store that afternoon and let her pick out a kitchen to go inside.
She goes out and plays in her new playhouse daily, in fact, the day after she got it, she was out side playing in it before 7:00 in the morning. Oh, how we LOVE this silly girl.
9.05.2010
Birthdays
This past week we had 2 birthdays at our house. On Thursday (Sept. 2), I had a BIG birthday, I have now left the 20s and entered what my dear hubby likes to call the "dirty thirties". Yes, I turned the big 30 this year. I'd like to say it was a good day, but I'd be lying. It was a rough day, but not because of how OLD I was turning. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past several months, and just happened to be having a down day on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That is an awesome house Amy, love the kitchen set too. I hope you are feeling a little better and not so down anymore. Happy Birthday J!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable playhouse!!! Happy Birthday to Jordyn!
ReplyDelete