8.11.2008
Sea World
No visit to San Diego is complete without a visit to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. We went to Sea World on Monday (July 28) and had a great time. Jordyn was asleep when we got there, but quickly woke up. The first thing on the agenda was petting the manta rays. They even came close enough for Jordyn's little hands to reach. She wasn't quite sure what to think of their rubbery skin, but enjoyed splashing in the cool water.
Next it was off to the seal and sea lion show. It was okay, not as good as I remember as a kid, but then again, I don't think any thing ever is.
We also took in the Killer Whale show and the Dolphin show. 



Jordyn thoroughly enjoyed both of these as well as the fresh water aquariums. 
Right before lunch, us "big kids" went on "Ship Wreck Rapids" a water ride in the park.
It was enjoyable except for the long line. Grandpa and Grandma took the little ones (Jordyn and Keegan, who were both asleep) with them to a cafe for lunch.
After the rest of us had lunch in the parking lot and dried off in the cars it was back to the park to take in the sharks, penguins and Arctic animals (polar bears, and beluga whales).
To end the day, we went on "Journey to Atlantis" (a roller coaster ride).
This time Grandma and Heather got the little ones so Grandpa could go on the ride (though I'm not sure why he wanted to, he kept screaming "stupid, stupid, we are so stupid" during the ride). By the end of the day, we were all tired and sore (except Jordyn who got to catch a ride on Grandma's wheelchair),
but we'd had a great time and truly enjoyed the day together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That looks like a lot of fun! I don't think I could go on the roller coasters though- they scare me! I would love all of the water rides though. I remember going to see Shamu at Sea World when I was a kid and feeding the dolphins fish. We'll have to take Peyton one of these days too so he can have the magic of the experience!
ReplyDelete