10.11.2008

Busy Year

I've been going through our food storage lately, trying to get a list of everything we have, and I realized that I've had a busy year canning. Here are this years totals (and when I say totals, I mean I'm DONE, FINISHED, COMPLETED until next year)

Peach Freezer Jam -- 9 Quarts
Raspberry-peach Freezer Jam -- 12 pints
Peaches -- 4 Quarts
Berries (Raspberry & Boysenberry) -- 16 Quarts

Corn -- 8 Pints (there was about twice that many, but we frequently use these)
Tomato Soup -- 15 Quarts
Salsa -- 24 pints & 3 Quarts (can you tell we LOVE this stuff)


I also have green beans (22 pints), tomato soup (3 quarts), and peaches (1 quart) from last year. Already on the list for next year are fruit leather, more salsa, hopefully more corn and peaches, if I can find a good deal on apples I might attempt applesauce, or I might just dry them, we enjoy dried apples.


I'm always looking for ideas to help cut our grocery bill and up our food storage, any one have any ideas of other things that can well, I'd love to hear about them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...see? It's post like this that remind me how bad I am. I think I have about 25 (store-bought) cans in the pantry. I'm horrible. Good for you for being so on top of your food storage!

    ReplyDelete