2.28.2009

5K


The alarm went off at 6:45 this morning signaling the start of the day. An hour later, Erik's mom was at the house to take Jordyn off our hands and we were off to the races. Downtown, we were welcomed by cloudy skies and a cold wind (gusts up to 18mph). After trying to keep warm for almost an hour, it was race time. Erik and I found our places amongst the other 10500 other runners, and got ready to run. The horns were blown and we were on our way (a little slowly at first). Half an hour later (32:06 was our exact time), Erik and I crossed the finish line together. It was a great feeling to be able to run the entire race, and a lot quicker than I thought I could! After the race, we grabbed some waters and snacks and then headed to pick up Jordyn. We got home, and Erik showered and headed back to work. Needless to say we didn't get any pictures, oh well, maybe next time. Erik and I had such a good time that we are planning on running another race 5K this spring, and then a 10K this fall (I refuse to run during the hot summer months).

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am impressed and maybe a little inspired. I'm trying to get back on the running bandwagon and it's nice to see others who are able to do it. Hopefully I'll be as successful as you have been! You should be very proud of yourself, I know I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good race! Watch out, it does become addictive! ;-) Have fun training for your upcoming races.

    ReplyDelete