
Our Gym (QLS-Kingwood) is hosting a "Get Fit, Get Fine in 2009" fitness challenge. Erik & I joined. The challenge runs from Feb. 1 - April 25 (12 weeks) and is set up on a point system (10 points for going to the gym, 10 points for attending a class, etc.). Everyone in the challenge who gets over 1500 points gets a prize (3 free months free membership, a free polar watch, 150 QLS dollars, restaurant gift certificates, etc.). The person with the most points gets 500 QLS dollars (money you can spend at the gym on personal trainers, membership fees, food at the snack bar, or services at the spa), and the person with the most physical changes in their before and after photos also gets 500 QLS dollars. Yes, Erik and I had "before" pictures taken, and no they are are not going to posted on the Internet for all the world to see. What I am going to post is the unnerving measurements they took before the challenge began, and hopefully, throughout the next three months, I'll be able to post about improvements made. Erik has us on a grueling workout schedule. It goes as follows...
Day 1: easy cardio; legs
Day 2: intense cardio (we're doing a spinning class); arms
Day 3: long easy cardio; abs and calves
Day 4: intense cardio (spinning again); chest and shoulders
Day 5: long easy cardio; back and traps
Day 6: intense cardio (swimming: 250 pts for swimming 10 laps); abs and calves
Day 7: rest
Along with this we are cutting calories and really starting to watch what we eat. We've always tried to eat healthy, but now it's time to get serious. We're eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. I've cut out junk completely, Erik on the other hand still has his dark chocolate kisses once in a while (he claims their healthy for him).
Okay, now on to the disgusting part, the revealing of the numbers. Since I'm nice, and like to let others go first, I'll post Erik's and then mine. Erik weighed in at 180 with a body fat percentage of 13%. Needless to say, he's only doing this competition to help motivate me, that and he really wants that free polar watch. His goal is to lose about 3% body fat. He'd like to be below 10%. Now, my turn. I weighed in at 186 with a body fat percentage of 26%. I'd like to lose a few pounds, but most important, I'd like to get my fat percentage below 20%. Since I have a high risk for diabetes I really need to get out of the "unhealthy" zone and losing that 6% would do it for me, that and I need to get in shape so that I can keep up with my little monster. The older Jordyn gets, the busier she gets and the less energy I have to chase her.
Stay tuned on more updates on how the Zugner clan is doing on our weight loss challenge!





I haven't thrown out all of my goodies {yet} but I am trying to watch what I eat this pregnancy so hopefully I don't pack on as many pounds {like I did with Peyton}.
ReplyDeleteWhat's helped me is to keep a big bowl stocked with different kinds of fruit out on our counter so when I get hungry I don't feel as bad eating a snack.
I also keep a tupper container with carrots and snap peas in the fridge for other quick on hand snacks so that it's easy to grab a handful and I don't snack on things from the pantry that I really shouldn't have.
It's so much easier getting into a workout routine when someone is there going through it with you- plus it's fun! I know you guys will do great. Maybe you can work up to running a 3K or a 5K to give yourself a deadline and a goal.
That's what Jeni and I did to push ourselves a little further each week so we could make it for our big race. It felt so good to pass the finish line!
We'll be rooting for you! Good luck you two!
Good for you! I have been trying to cook healthier, throwing in vegetables wherever I can (I love lots of veggies in my spaghetti sauce!). I am going to start drinking a spinach and kale smoothie every day, and I really, really want to strat running again. Keep us updated on your progress!
ReplyDelete