how does your garden grow?
I'm not sure how Mary's garden is doing, but ours is doing quite well. We areimpatiently waiting to enjoy the fruits of our labors. We have a few bell peppers that are all but big enough to pick,
some summer squash and zucchini that are growing nicely,
a few cherry tomatoes on the vine,
and our first strawberry flower is in bloom.
Unfortunately, we've had a few losses in our garden. Apparently we don't have the right type of soil for cucumbers; we've lost all three of our plants, and presently it looks like something is killing our yellow tomato plants, they're all but dead (after searching online, it sounds like we may have some sort of fungus in the soil that is attacking the roots). Now that the plants are bigger, we realize we might have planted them a bit close together, for our first garden, I'd say it's doing pretty well.
I'm not sure how Mary's garden is doing, but ours is doing quite well. We are





So did you find out what kind of soil the cucumbers need? That's so interesting to me because you would think that soil is soil but I guess they thrive in different types.
ReplyDeleteGood to know for any future gardening ventures I might try. Your veggies that you showed look like they are coming along great. It won't be too long before Jordyn figures out that those strawberry plants make some tasty berries! Then you'll have to keep an eye out so you still have some left to cook/can with! :-)
I am so jealous! When I was little my grandparents grew tons of stuff, and we used to love to go out and help pick everything. Jordyn will have wonderful memories!
ReplyDeletethat looks great!
ReplyDeleteLooks good, I hope you plan on sending some to us. Dad
ReplyDelete