We were fortunate enough to have Erik home with us on Christmas eve. To start the day off, Erik (with Jordyn's help)
12.31.2009
CHRISTMAS (and Christmas Eve)!!
*note: there are not many pictures in this post because I didn't take very many on Christmas day. I was enjoying the moment and completely forgot to pull out the camera until later in the day when things had calmed down.
We were fortunate enough to have Erik home with us on Christmas eve. To start the day off, Erik (with Jordyn's help)
put cabinets up in the garage so that he could finally unpack the boxes in there (now I can officially say we are finished with the unpacking). While they were busy in the garage, I was busy inside getting things cleaned up and ready for our 1st annual Christmas breakfast.
Then we started the celebrating. We read Luke 2 and watched Joy to the World and then each of us got to open a present from under the tree. Surprise! Surprise! We all got new jammies! That evening we went to a friends Cajun Christmas party. It was fun, but a bit cold so we called it an early night and headed home for some hot chocolate before bed (but not before we made sure our stockings were hung by the chimney with care).
Santa came to our house fairly early (he knew he'd have to get up early to take the dogs out and wanted to get some sleep). Up with the sun rose the puppies and one very excited little girl. Santa brought her a Care Bear castle, and a camera, along with new gloves and a hat. 
Erik got a lump of coal (seriously, I or rather, Santa found a bag of candy at Walmart that was wrapped to look like coal, it was awesome!), I got a new TV for the playroom and some bath stuff. After we emptied our stockings it was time to start the cooking. Since Erik had to work Christmas evening we couldn't do a traditional Christmas dinner so we opted for a Christmas breakfast. We invited Erik's parents over, our good friends Caitlin & Jared and Thomas & Amanda (and the missionaries from our ward, but due to a miss communication they couldn't make it, maybe next year!). We stuffed ourselves with crepes, quiche, cinnamon rolls, fruit kabobs and casseroles. It was good food and GREAT company. So, great in fact, that we plan on doing it again next year (but next time invite everyone to stay in their jammies since it's so early!). After breakfast everyone settled down in the living room to watch Jordyn open her presents. For this, my family joined us, via skype. Jordyn was definitely spoiled this year. A few of her presents included, a cleaning cart (so she can help mommy clean with tools that are her size)
a rocking, doll that says "give me a kiss and brush my beautiful hair" in 6 different languages,
Disney princess toys (dress ups and several types of dolls).
Overall, I'd say we had a great Christmas, and I hope that you did too!
We were fortunate enough to have Erik home with us on Christmas eve. To start the day off, Erik (with Jordyn's help)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I LOVE that chair! What a cute idea! And it is so colorful.
ReplyDelete