11.21.2008

Houston, We Have Liftoff


Today, I took my parents to NASA space center. I always enjoy going there, but today was a bit cold since most of the tour is outside. Jordyn loved being able to spend time with her grandparents, and running around playing with all of the neat things NASA has to help kids learn about space. We got to see Mission control, the Saturn V rocket, along with several artifacts from the Apollo missions. The stories and tidbits of info told at the space center give me a greater appreciation for the men and women who work in this field and all the things that go on to make a space mission successful. I had a great day with my parents and enjoy seeing Jordyn getting to interact with them and strengthening her relationships with them. I wish that we could see them more often, but the distance makes us cherish our time together that much more. Thanks, Mom & Dad for blasting off from Hurricane and flying all the way down here to visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment