11.24.2008

Pictures with Santa


This evening, for FHE, we went to the local mall to get pictures taken with Santa. We saw him there this past weekend, and thought we'd get Jordyn's pictures taken care of before the mad dash began after Thanksgiving. We figured that all would go well since Jordyn is a very friendly little girl and has never had a problem with strangers. Well, we figured wrong. Erik placed Jordyn on Santa's lap and she SCREAM, I went and picked her up and comforted her and tried to tell her that Santa was just a Papa (grandpa), she looked at him and said Papa, but then when I went to place her in his arms, she started to SCREAM again. So this is the pictures we got...



nothing. Maybe next time?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how unpredictable they can be? I think they do it just so they can prove us parents wrong. "You think you've got me figured out? Guess again!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I had had Peyton, I'd hear about how people would try to have their kids sit on Santa's lap at ward Christmas parties or at the mall and how their kids would have a complete meltdown about this stranger in a Santa suit. I pretty much decided that I'm not doing the Santa/Easter Bunny deal unless Peyton tells me he wants to because I know he would be the kid that would lose it- and that boy has a set of lungs, let me tell you! I'm sorry the Santa picture didn't work out. I wonder what she would do if Erik wore a Santa cap and beard. Maybe she would feel a little safer. And I guess it's not too bad that she's wary of strangers- you can never be too careful, right?

    ReplyDelete