11.22.2008

The Way the Cookie Crumbles


Thursday evening was Erik's graduation. We were able to attend along with my parents, and his. It was a pretty neat ceremony, from what I hear. I wasn't able to pay much attention for I had been assigned the job of taming a MONSTER. In fact, Jordyn was so wild that night, that I wished that I had hired a babysitter and kept her home. Along with having a monster, I had one that needed a diaper change TWICE during the ceremony (which was only 1 1/2 hrs.). Because of this constant dash to the bathroom, I missed Erik's part in the ceremony. He got to go on stage and help fold the flag. I walked into the gym as he was walking off the stage. Then, to add insult to injury, my flash battery DIED, and I had to use the built in flash on the camera which isn't the best thing in the world. Oh well, I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. No matter what happened during the ceremony, the fact is that he graduated, and has moved on in his career, and we are so PROUD of him and all the hard work that he has put in over the past 6 months.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like they just know when you need them to be on good beahvior, and then they do the exact opposite, right? Congrats, Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! sorry she wasnt the best, but love the cookie crumbles title, that fits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Erik! Sorry you had a rough time Amy- I'm sure Erik was just happy that you were in the same building and there in spirit even if you weren't able to watch every minute. This will be a story you can laugh about later when Jordyn is older.

    ReplyDelete