I HATE snakes. I know, a lot of people dislike or even hate snakes, but I HATE them. It's so bad that just looking at pictures makes my heart rate speed up. And my feelings aren't only for the poisonous kinds its for ALL snakes. When ever I see a snake or someone tries to throw a rope at me and pretend its a snake (not that my dear HUSBAND would ever do that to me) I scream and I freeze with fear. I think it all stems back to when I was about 2 and almost got bit by a rattle snake. I have no memory of this but I think it has affected my subconscious memories. My mom tells me that when I was about 2 or 3 we stopped at an old look out point while on a trip. It was a bit neglected and there were cracks in the pavement and tall weed growing all over. I went to sit on a rock and then next thing my mom know, my uncle grabs me and throws me to my dad and that's when they see the rattle snake strike out. It was sunbathing on the rock I had tried to sit on. At that point the adults start to look around and notice that we were in a nest of baby snakes and quickly got us out of there. Thank goodness no one got bit, but I was apparently traumatized and am left with this paralyzing fear of snakes. 10 confessions. . .
1 - It's not uncommon for me to spend the entire day in my pajamas
2- I hate doing the dishes
3- I hate my husbands job (and he knows it - I deal with it because he LOVES it)
4- I LOVE both my boys, but I wish that they would have come one at a time - having twins is hard
5- On average, I only leave the house to go to church and go grocery shopping (so 2 times total)
6- I wear my heart on my sleeve and get quite emotional over little things - especially when those I love get hurt
7- I am terrified of guns (it doesn't bother me when others have them but I wont touch them)
8- I used to want to be a model when I grew up but was told by a friend that I was too fat (we were about 7 or 8 at the time) and I have been very self conscious ever since
9- I'm very grateful that J isn't a twin
10- Sometimes I wonder why I even go to church - only because I spend most of my time in the mother's lounge or hallway. I can't wait until the boys are in Nursery (we're half way there!)





No comments:
Post a Comment