
Believe it or not, I could live without my car. I know, because I have had to (three times) in the past month. Erik's car broke down while he was at work and it took about a week to get it fixed, but then a few days later we had to take it in again because the shop did something wrong. Then this past week I was without my car for a few days while it was in the shop getting some routine maintenance done. Now our cars should run for at least a couple more years (hopefully).
a picture of something that has had a HUGE impact on your life lately
No, the Irish Debt crisis hasn't had a huge impact on my life, but the US Debt Crisis has. Erik and I have some money in the stock market and have lost quite a bit in the past few weeks, but more importantly, we're concerned about our economy as a whole. It's made us focus on our own finances (especially since Erik works for a government agency and our income is affected by the debt) We only have school loans and our mortgage for debt but we've been trying to build up our savings and make sure our food storage/emergency supplies in order. We're fortunate to have the space to store enough stuff for a year supply and through the help of some coupon savvy blogs we're able to slowly build up our supply while keeping our budget in tact.





No comments:
Post a Comment