7.03.2011

June Recap


June started of with J's show week for gymnastics/dance. J has been taking gymnastics at The Little Gym since she was 2 and this past semester she decided that she wanted to try ballet. For her age, all the dance classes in our are are tumbling/tap/ballet so she got a little bit of everything. She did really well and has really enjoyed learning ballet (tap is not her favorite) and she has always loved the gymnastics part.
Daddy and Mimi got her flowers for after her performance. She was thrilled.




June also means the start of summer and swimming. I got brave and took all 3 kids to the pool by myself. Luckily we live in a small community so our pool is never crowded. I think the most people I've ever seen there is about 20 and half of those were my friends and their kids. Our community pool has a small baby pool off to the side. I put the boys in their floaties in that pool and they had a great time floating around while J and I swam in the big pool. (W is in the purple float and C is in the green)


Since June means swimming, we decided to enroll J in swim lessons (I know it's pathetic that I taught swim lessons for 5 years and I can't teach my own child how to swim - she wouldn't listen to me). She took lessons for 2 sessions and though she still can't swim on her own she's not afraid to put her face in the water which is great. I wasn't too impressed where we went for lessons, next year we'll try somewhere different and maybe she'll learn a bit more


To add to the craziness of the month, we decided that it would be fun to take a 3 year old and two 7 month olds to Schlitterbaun (a water park). Erik has a good friend from work that invited us to go with his family. Fortunately, they have twins as well (8 year old boys) so they understand the craziness of it all and were very helpful. Some how I don't have any pictures of the trip (we did take some, I just can't find them on this computer), but to make things easier for us, we got a wagon to carry the boys and all our stuff - and I don't mean a little red wagon, I mean a big work wagon. It was great because it fit our cooler, bags and the boys in it to get to/from the park and then we'd empty everything out lay a blanket down and it made the perfect crib for the boys to play/nap in during the day.


In other random news, the boys started crawling this month, (this is C)we took the kids blueberry picking (twice) and J grew a giant sunflower - I need to find a picture of her standing next to it, this thing was taller than Erik, it was HUGE. And don't the boys look cute in their church clothes! (C is in the vest and W in the tie)


No comments:

Post a Comment